ELTON JOHN VIRTUAL MEET & GREET SWEEPSTAKES
ELTON JOHN VIRTUAL MEET & GREET SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT RESIDE WITHIN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES INCLUDING THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. VOID IN WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- SPONSOR: Interscope Records, a division of UMG Recordings, Inc. (“Sponsor” or “Interscope”) with its principal offices at 2220 Colorado Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90404, is solely responsible for all aspects of this sweepstakes.
- ENTRY: The Elton John Virtual Meet & Greet sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:30:00 P.M. on September 1, 2021 and ends at 11:59.59 P.M. on October 22, 2021 (“Entry Period”). For purposes of these official rules (“Rules”), all times and days are Eastern Time (“ET”). You may enter the Sweepstakes by visiting https://us-store.eltonjohn.com/collections/the-lockdown-sessions (“Website”) and following all onscreen instructions to complete the entry form. After providing your first name, last name, email address, country and clicking “Submit”, you are officially entered into the pool of eligible entries (“Entry”). Only (1) one Entry per person. At the end of the Sweepstakes period, potential winner will be chosen at random from all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period.
- LIMITATIONS: In event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email address is registered. Entries by any method other than set forth above in Section 2 are void. Any use of automated or programmed methods of effecting Entry is prohibited. Sweepstakes is open to any person who has reached the age of 18 or older in the state where s/he resides and who at time of entry is a legal resident of the following “Territory”: the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia (each an “Entrant”). Residents of any country or territory not mentioned herein shall not be eligible to enter or win. Employees of the Sponsor, Elton John (“Artist”), and their respective parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and any other individual or company involved in the development or execution of the Sweepstakes (collectively the “Entities”) and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, territorial, and local laws and regulations. Neither the Entities, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, “Releasees”) are responsible for Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the Territory; Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misdirected, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider, Website or other connections; telephone or cell phone availability or accessibility; miscommunications; failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure; jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions; computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, technical errors or difficulties; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, mechanical or human error or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified and any attempt by a person to use multiple email or Service Provider accounts to register more than once may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- PRIZE: One (1) prize (“Prize”) will be awarded. Prize winner will receive one (1) five (5) minute virtual meet & greet with Elton John. Exact date, time, duration and video format of virtual meet & greet to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, but not later than one (1) year following winner notification and/or winner verification. Prize has no retail value. If access to the video call is disconnected or interrupted due to the acts or omissions of a winner and through no fault of the Sponsor or Artist, the prize will not be replaced or rescheduled. No additional compensation will be awarded. Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be awarded. Limit one (1) prize per person/per household. All fees, federal, state, local or other expenses relating to the use, acceptance and possession of any Prize are the sole responsibility of winner. Taxes, if any, are the responsibility of winner. Arrangements for the fulfillment of Prize will be made by Sponsor and/or its designated agent.
- ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period.
- WINNER SELECTION & WINNER NOTIFICATION PROCESS : Prize winner will be selected at random by Sponsor. Random Drawing will be conducted on or about October 26, 2021. An email prize notification will be sent to each potential winner by October 29, 2021 based on the information provided by Entrant upon Entry. Winners will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility / Liability / Publicity Release (“Affidavit/Release”) as determined by the Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent (unless prohibited by law) within twenty-four (24) hours of date/time specified on the prize notification or he/she/they will be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected. If any winner fails to respond to the prize notification sent to them by email within twenty-four (24) hours of transmission, or if prize notification email is returned as undeliverable; or if a potential winner has failed to execute and return the Affidavit/Release, or fails to return any other required document within the specified time period; or if a potential winner is otherwise found to be ineligible; or if a potential winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason; or if any prize is returned undeliverable, the potential winner will forfeit all rights to prize and an alternate winner may or may not be selected (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) from all non- winning eligible Entries. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of an alternate winner, if any. Should any winner be found to have made any false statement(s) in the Affidavit/Release or any other required document, that winner will be disqualified, and no prize shall be awarded to that Entrant. Except where prohibited by law in any other eligible state or territory stated in these Rules, entry and acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and/or any third party associated with the Sweepstakes to use each winners’ first name, last name initial and country for fulling any winner list requirements as required by U.S. promotion law.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant from the United States waives and relinquishes all rights and benefits afforded by California Civil Code 1542 and does so understanding and acknowledging the significance of this waiver. Section 1542 states as follows: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DID NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN, BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR THE RELEASED PARTIES.”
- RULES & WINNER LIST: For the name of winner (after November 5, 2021) and/or Rules (before October 22, 2021), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Elton John Virtual Meet & Greet Sweepstakes (indicating which) c/o Interscope, 2220 Colorado Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90404. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting a winner list.